Air-filter cover fix

Posted: 14/10/2014 in Repair archives
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Like I have mentioned in the Preflight check, I had a busted hard parts air filter cover on my KTM, and I had replaced it with a OEM plastic sealed cover. It worked OK but the bike was getting to much fuel and when you opened the throttle quickly, it got flooded. So instead of getting the carbs re-jetted I have decided to fix the mesh on the filter cover.

Busted cover
IMG_4505

So after getting a suitable mesh, I have been thinking of how should I fix it. I thought about welding, soldering, drilling&screwing,… None of those options as easy to do with my time frame.

So after turning the basement up side down, I found some JB weld and decided to give it a try. New mesh cut to size.
IMG_4601

Adding the JB weld.
IMG_4602

This version of JB weld is supposed to cure for 24h on 20 degrees Celsius or 80min at 80 degrees Celsius. Luckily my mother wasn’t home and I could use her oven.
IMG_4603

After baking it came out well done and smelling like chicken.
IMG_4605
IMG_4604
IMG_4606

Back on the bike.
IMAG0378

Now time will tell how long this will last.

Stay safe!

Advertisements
Comments
  1. themarquis says:

    Hello, I like your blog and I’m following it. i think you could like mine too, It’s about motorbike culture and lifestyle. Follow it! 🙂 the marquis

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s